Understanding the New “Broker-in-Charge” Course Requirements
1. Sales Associates & Broker Associates May Now Take the 15-Hour “Broker-in-Charge” course in lieu of taking the four CORE courses.
2. Brokers who must take the “Broker-in-Charge” Course, to renew a license as active, may now take any two of the four CORE courses, along with the “Broker-in-Charge” course, to meet their 21-hour Continuing Education requirement.
605:10-3-6. Continuing education requirements
(4) Any licensee may complete the Broker in Charge course as approved by the Commission consisting of fifteen (15) clock hours in lieu of the required subject matter.
(5) Any Broker who holds or has held a license type of Broker Manager (BM), Proprietor Broker (BP), or Branch Broker (BB) during any portion of their current license term shall be required to successfully complete the Broker in Charge course as approved by the Commission consisting of fifteen (15) clock hours, or its equivalent, as approved by the Commission, each license term beginning with those licenses that expire on June 30, 2012. In addition, to complete the continuing education requirement of twenty-one (21) clock hours such broker shall complete at least two (2) of the four (4) required subject matter, equal to at least six (6) clock hours, as referenced in paragraph (3) of this subsection.
(6) Any broker that lapsed or renewed inactive in their previous license term or current license term who applies for reinstatement or activation after June 30, 2012 and held in their previous or current license term the license type of Broker Manager (BM), Proprietor Broker (BP), or Branch Broker (BB) must complete the Broker in Charge course and two (2) of the four (4) required subject matter totaling six (6) hours prior to their license being reinstated active or reactivating.
Read Additional Information on "Broker-in-Charge" Requirements here.
Last Update:8 JUN 2013
Web Author: Vince Mooney, 918-665-0478
Copyright ©2001, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2012 by Vince Mooney Real Estate School & Seminars - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED